Be a better leader with these tips
As your coaching business grows and your start hiring contractors and external help, you’ll become someone else’s manager. Being a business manager is not a skill that everyone has. It takes a lot of personalities to be able to lead a group of people to drive your business to success and if you have that personality, you need to be the best person you can be in the role.
While some people are natural leaders and know how to corral the crowd with minimal effort, there are others who have to learn how to manage and lead a team. Whether you choose to take up a class and learn how to be more assertive in your methods, or you choose to listen to your team and do as they need you to do, you can be a better leader with practice.
Even the most seasoned leaders need some pointers from time to time, and below, we’ve got some of the best tips that you need to be the best possible business owner and team leader!
- Know what you have and work with it. You are only as good as the people around you and as a business owner, you need to make your team the best that they can be. The people in your team may not meet your standards all of the time, but you did hire them for a good reason. A strategic business owner would see the benefit of hiring certain people and will work with them to make them the best. If you can maximize your team, you will boost your coaching business in ways that you couldn’t imagine. Work with everyone in your business and improve them where you can. Once you know the areas that people need to focus on, you can craft better goals and pathways to score. This will mean that you will help your team to strive better.
- Get motivated. To be a better leader, you should consider motivating yourself. Sometimes, this comes in the form of heading to meetings and listening to others rather than leading on all the topics. And yes, there will be people who are better than you who can teach you the must-know business terms for managers to excel. It’s okay to motivate yourself to learn from those who have been there for a while before you.
- Build up your team. You can be a much better business owner and leader if you have a team built with geniuses in mind. You need to work as a group to ensure that you are all getting the best possible outcome for your business. If you can encourage people to work together you can develop their communication and ability to work together. Only hire those who will gel together well, if you ensure that the personalities in your team will work together, you’re going to find your business is more successful.
- Be the leader that people need you to be. You motivate people to do better, but when was the last time you motivated yourself? You have to provide direction to be a good leader, and you can turn motivation toward a good goal if you can lead the team to it. Your ability to lead others will set managers apart from the staff and give you status as a leader in your industry. This is a must if you want to be a better manager.
- Communicate with everyone. From your VA to the suppliers, you need to make sure that you are able to communicate with everyone properly. We’re talking about being open with everyone and answering questions as much as you can. Improving your communication is going to take practice, but when you communicate, ask your team how they like to be spoken to. Some people prefer face to face communication and others prefer to communicate via email. The key thing here is that you need to take the feedback that you can get and get your point across properly in a way that suits all!
- Watch the money grow! You need to think about how most managers are supposed to help a business to grow money and you can do this much faster when you are smart about your management of your finances. If you manage your money enough to bring more money in than you spend, you will be able to help your company and your staff to grow. A good is smart about everything from the staff to the money – and you want to be that kind of manager.
- Learn to schedule better. If you monitor the time you spend on different business activities, you’re going to be better serviced to manage your people, too. Time management is a skill that takes time to learn and implement but with the right course, you can learn to be better with your scheduling. Once you plan your time properly, you can ensure that you get the best in your business and this will make it a success.
- Work on yourself. As a business owner and leader, you need to identify your own weaknesses, admit them and work on them. Research leadership techniques and learn to improve yourself so that you can be better in your industry. It takes work to be good at being a manager and the right effort will filter down through your hiring process. This will help you to attract the best talent, and it will ensure that you are able to get the best for the people working with you!
- Be ethical in your management techniques. It’s so important that you care about your people and ethics and not finances. Strive to be as ethical as possible and you can expect your team members to be ethical, too. You may sometimes have to enforce this behavior through your business, and you may have to report unethical action, but that isn’t a bad thing. If you don’t maintain an ethical outlook, you won’t be able to manage correctly.
- Work on feedback from everyone. From your team to your customers, reviews are going to change your business. They’re going to allow you to reflect on whether you are doing a good job or not, and you can be a better leader off the back of your review system. Taking time to reflect and ask for feedback shows your maturity as a business owner and your coaching business will be better as a result. If you reflect on what you’ve been told, you will be able to improve the way that you work and receive that feedback, too.
- Ask for help. The best business owners never do things alone. In fact, they thrive on asking others to help them with their work. And they will even outsource their questions to business Consultants and coaches outside their own. Finding a mentor is vital as a business owner because you’re constantly learning. You will find that you can be a much better business owner when you ask others for the right help.
Being a good online coach and business owner takes time and training and if you don’t aim to go ahead and get that help, you’re not going to be as good as you think you are. It’s vital that you are able to give the right service to your team, to your customers and to your coaching business. If you do all of this, you’re going to be the best online coach that you can be. When was the last time you asked your team for feedback? Start asking today and ask them what they need from you as a leader – you’ll soon find out if you’re as good as you think you are.
If you have any questions about hiring support, building a team or finding a business mentor, get in touch and book a free consultation call here.
Want to grow your mailing list faster (if you're a new coach).
Add these 3 critical components to your freebie to turn your followers into serious subscribers.
↠ so that you gradually grow a list of dream clients willing to hear from you and ready to buy
↠ so that you don’t waste your efforts and money talking to an uninterested audience or freebie seekers
Download now my free PDF guide and learn:
– The most important exercise to attract hundreds of new subscribers every month.
– How to connect your lead magnet to the rest of your offering
– The one thing that will make it 10x more effective once people get access to your freebie.
Simply enter your details below: